Whirlwind Summer

Whew! Where have two months gone.  I was busy June & July with work and family and somehow I managed to have the work/life balance I have so craved.  I did it! and had a wonderful time along the way.

I will not bore you with the details. Here are the highlights of the past two months...
 
 
selected this handmade tile for a client's kitchen backsplash
 
and then had to use the other side of my brain and do a little math
 


Ordered this gorgeous wallpaper for a friend's foyer.  She has amazing taste!

Osborne and Little Koi Wallpaper (to the Trade) 



Got Ruby out of the house for a nice Sunday drive


Put books in some great built ins

Before  
After
After
Turned around one day are realized Liza was 4 going on 14



Snapped photos of countertop install in a client's dream, French inspired kitchen.



Made my grandfathers proud and grew some tomatoes

Found time to paint

"Off the Dock" SOLD



Shopped in Atlanta for client's outdoor furniture

Outdoor rug

Outdoor Swivel Chairs 
Swinging bed



three mirrors caught my eye


Finally decided this one was best
 


Got to hear "It's Great to Be a Decatur Red Raider" over and over and over...

DHS Cheer Camp


 
Squeezed in some beach time with friends



Watched 4th of July fireworks from Arlington Cemetery




Spotted our friends at Wimbledon --not watching tennis.  Thanks DVR!
















 Took Liza to NYC for her 5th birthday


and got to spend the weekend with one of my best friends--Can't beat best friends that live in NYC and let your party of three family take over their apartment

Most importantly, Liza and I got to spend a month in DC--sweet hubby is working up there on a contract.  We do get him on weekends and one week out of the month. So no complaints, could be worse.


and three days ago Will and I took Liza to kindergarten.


Like I said, WHEW!! It has been a wonderful, busy, fun summer and I thank all of my clients for letting me escape for a month.  Today it was back to normal--meetings, paperwork, gathering tile samples, more paperwork...
 
So many exciting projects coming up I promise I will be a better blogger.
 
If you would like help creating a home you love, contact me about my design services.
 



Pin It

No comments: