Before & After

New Years Eve I received a phone message from a friend I have known since I was 5.  He wanted me to help him decorate/furnish his new home in Birmingham.  He explained he wanted to start with the main living area and then work our way through the home.  I was thrilled listening to message with ideas bouncing in my head -- I was about to hang up when I heard him say " oh and I would like the living room to be done in 2 months."WHAT!!!! 

Two months later my friend has his living room...

Before:
The mismatched furniture and too small coffee table had to go.  More functional seating was needed. He has an amazing collection of art that needed to be showcased more.   The only thing that had to remain was his leather chair and ottoman--loved by him but more by his sweet lab (seen below sleeping in chair) 







After:
We kept the neutral wall color and the large sisal rug.  A larger, deeper sofa anchors the room flanked by two large scale floor lamps.  Two Lee Industries swivel chairs replaced the overstuffed love seat.  Custom linen window treatments a shade darker then the walls soften all of the hard angles but still allows tons of natural light in.  An antique Turkish rug layered over the existing sisal grounds the furniture arrangement and highlights the rustic brickmaker coffee table.  Once this rug was rolled out I loved how it brought out the rich colors of the client's artwork and knew this one was the winner.

We have a bit more accessorizing to do and room will be complete.  I am thrilled with the finished product.  and a big thanks to
 Richard Tubb Interiors, Paige Albright Orientals, Miranda Alexander Interiors  for having the right pieces and the right time! And to my drapery workroom for working like crazy to get the window treatments sewn and installed.







Coming up next--the Dining Room.  Again, I did not want client to have to repaint the room.  It was a nice neutral green/gray that I knew we could work with.  I saw this rug at Paige Albright Orientals and knew it was going to look perfect in clients dining room.

Photo was shot with phone and with the sun streaming in so hard to see this stunning rug.  More on Dining Room coming soon.




Pin It

No comments: